Some KILLER albums/singles/shtufffff came out this week in zeee lovely world of music, which I am P.U.M.P.E.D. to share with my fellow bacon community.
- A$AP Rockys Release of a new song (LOVE IT) called “Everyday” and the name of his new album ” At Long Last A$AP
- Tame Impala came out with yet ANOTHER single entitled Eventually
- LINE UP for FYF Fest came out, with INCREDIBLE headliners like FRANK OCEAN, Chet Faker, Flume, FKA Wigs, and MAS more. Definitely contemplated going into debt for a ticket
- Cashmere Cat released single “Adore” featuring artist Ariana Grande MssngNo Remix
- AND Miguel releasing single track “Coffee (Fucking) Ft Wale” Dam… ok Miguel.
Soooooo I wasn’t going to talk about A$AP Rocky BUT I changed my mind. I have to be completely honest, my first impression of Mr. Rocky was that he was a fairly pompous and shallow individual, but who doesn’t have their moments? What I am trying to say is that our relationship has had its ups and downs, but after this recent song “Everyday,” I feel we have turned a new leaf. And I hope I used that saying properly. Regardless, I am impressed with this song. I was thrilled to hear the combination of genres that this song took on, establishing a unique dynamic. Combining Rod Stewart, a not so famous rap artist but more so famous rock-pop artist with A$AP Rocky, Miguel, and Mark Ronson societies well-known Rap, R&B and Pop artists. This song communicates where music is heading on a grander scale, towards a boundless world where artist-cross genre borders and collaborate with artists of different musical backgrounds.
I also found this on one song off of Tyler the Creators new album Cherry Bomb. Tyler did a song with one of his favorite jazz artists, Roy Ayers, which I thought was fascinating because, both artists create music in two different genres.
Everyday has a soulful edge brought by Miguel, blunt yet poetic lyrics from A$AP, leveled by the raspy chorus of Rod Steward and then (ONE MORE) Mark Ronson, blending the rhythm. The song is a beautiful blend of old and new and it further shows the inter-connectivity of artist. LOVE IT. CHECK OUT THE SONG.